MODO - Modtran® for Remote Sensing Applications
MODO: Overview | Features | Results | Screenshots | Registration
MODO is a graphical front-end to the original Modtran® radiative transfer code. It has been created to ease the modelling of the at-sensor radiance for hyperspectral sensors but also for generic radiometric simulation tasks. The basic functionality includes:
- running Modtran® through the GUI (creation and translation of tape5-s),
- plotting the Modtran® - outputs,
- extraction and conversion of spectra from the Modtran® - output,
- easy creation of sensitivity analysis series,
- convolution of spectra to hyperspectral band characteristics, and
- simple atmospheric correction for multispectral imagery over flat terrain
The distributions of MODO PRO version 5.1 and MODO version 4 include platform-specific Modtran® executable software, compiled from the original Modtran® code* and is compatible to all current operating systems (Linux/MacOSX/Windows). The MODTRAN executables are available through MODO only.
MODTRAN-4 is licensed from the United States of America under U.S. Patent No. 5,315,513.
MODTRAN® 5 technology is licensed from the United States of America, as represented by the United States Air Force, under U.S. Patent Nos. 5,884,226, 7,433,806 and 7,593,835 B2.
The MODTRAN® trademark is being used with the express permission of the owner, the United States of America, as represented by the United States Air Force. For use outside of the US, the trademark is being used with the express permission of the owner, Spectral Sciences, Inc.